Mandatory registration if no. of employees are 20/10 or more in EPF/ESIC Deduct PF and ESIC employee share from Salary and Deposit along with employer's contribution within 15th of Every month
Registration of EPF and ESIC now comes under central labour act towards an initiative of Ease of Doing business. EPF and ESIC registration process is completely online without requirement of submission of any physical application documents either before the registration or after it.
EPF and ESIC registration can be taken either combinedly or Separately in government portal shramsuvidha.
w.e.f. 15th February 2020, EPF and ESIC registration comes as default with incorporation of a new company in India.
However the previously registered companies shall follow same process of registration. If employees agreed, an employer can take voluntary registration even though no. of employees working are below the limit of 20/10 in EPF/ESIC
ID, Pan and Address proof of Proprietor / Director / Partner of the company
Specimen Signature as per attached format
Consent Letter as per attached format (In case EPF Voluntary Registration)
Employee Details ( Name, Gender, Permanent/Temporary, Salary breakup of last month)
Email address, Mobile number of Proprietor / Director / Partner of the company ( Email ID and Mobile should be unique for all)
Any one Director's / Partners or Proprietors Aadhar Card ( ensure Mobile no. linked with aadhar)
Startup Certificate ( if the entity is Recognised Startup by DPIIT)
When EPF and ESIC Mandatory to Comply?
For EPF-> Company having 20 or more employees, Salary upto Rs 15,000 PM
For ESIC-> Company having 10 or more employees, Salary upto Rs 21,000 PM
Important Provision related to EPF and ESIC
ESIC contribution rates (Reduced w.e.f. 01/07/2019) - Employer Share - 3.25%, Employee Share - 0.75%, Total - 4%
PF and ESIC Return Due Date - on or before 15th of every month. Which is also the last date of Contribution deposit date.
Penalty-> Delayed remittance of ESIC /PF deposit will incur penal damages. DELAY upto 2 months - 5% pa, Between 2 to 4 months - 10% pa, Between 4 months to 6 months - 15% pa and Delay exceeding 6 months - 25% per annum (It may correspondingly go up to 100%)
PF Contribution Rate -> Employee’s Contribution Rate - 12% and Employers Contribution - 13%
Contribution payable on Maximum wage ceiling of Rs 15,000/- in case of PF and RS 21,000/- in case of ESIC.
Wages here covers Basic plus DA
EPF and ESIC Registration Process
We provide easy and hassle EPF and ESIC registration within 2 working days.
Take free on call consultation and guidance on EPF and ESIC registration and post registration compliances. Know what are the details and documents required for this. If satisfied proceed for next step.
Next send us all required documents and details as advised by consultant. Also collect blank Specimen Signature and Consent letter for Signing and send us filled up forms scan copy. All documents need to be send on Email only.
Once your documentation part if completed, pay the pay online
EPF and ESI registration is 100% online. Application preparation and filing take place same day.
EPF and ESI Registration Number
You will receive EPF and ESI Registration no. on your email ID from department.